Tuesday, May 4, 2010

TCAF, I'm coming for you

Rambo 3.5

Heading to Toronto on Friday for the great TCAF. Hope to see all of you there! I will have copies of my new mini-comic Rambo 3.5, my usual assortment of books (Afrodisiac, Street Angel, One Model Nation, Guild), a few copies of the PLAIN Janes and Janes in Love (and I'm tabling next to Young Adult novelist and Janes co-creator, Cecil Castellucci so you could have her sign them and write something nice), color prints, iron-ons, stickers, and original artwork (ranging from loose sketches and illustrations all the way to finished pages).

On Saturday morning, I'm participating in a panel, hopefully we're not all still asleep:

How You Draw: How Does Art Affect Story?
Saturday, May 8th, 9:30 – 10:15am, Learning Center 1 (1st floor, in the main atrium space)

People make comics to tell stories. But how are those stories affected by the art style they’re told in? What are the ways that art style change the content, audience, and storytelling for a comic? Do artists choose their style, or does their style choose them? Featuring Dave Roman, Salgood Sam, Jim Rugg, James Turner, and Abby Denson. Moderated by Walter Dickinson.

QUICK LINKS:

Multiversity Comics recently interviewed me.

The National Post interviewed a bunch of TCAF participants. This is mine.

Amber Love posted our interview at The Girls Entertainment Network.

EVENTS:

Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Cartoonist and author Rina Ayuyang will be reading selections from her graphic novel "Whirlwind Wonderland" at the Toonseum.

Monday, May 17, 2010, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
I'll be talking at the Carnegie Library in Oakland for their graphic novel discussion group. Please check it out so I am not talking to myself.

2 comments:

  1. anyway I could get that Rambo 3.5 online? honestly, i need that in my life!

    ReplyDelete